Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Guitar Hero: World Tour


I spent much of my evening at my Nate and Molly's place playing the new Guitar Hero game on the Wii. The drums feel so much more solid than the Rock Band ones. It takes a little while to get used to having six drums on the screen to follow, but soon it starts working out better once you get used to it and the game provides a much more realistic drumming experience than Rock Band. The bass drum pedal isn't nearly as tiring as it is in Rock Band (just like real-life cheap pedals) and the kit feels much more sturdy all around. In fact, the whole experience is much more comfortable.

My only problem so far is the new way to execute star power on the guitar. Instead of tilting the guitar, there is a button near where you strum that activates it. It was pretty awkward and I kept trying to tilt it. We didn't get to try bass or sing (you need a wiimote for every player - BOO!) so I can't speak about those, but it's probably safe to say it's better than Rock Band. Plus, and this is a major plus for me, I got to play "One Armed Scissor" by at the drive-in. They are one of my all-time favorites, so that was rad.
--
Sent from my T-Mobile Sidekick®

No comments: